The summer heat can sometimes leave you wondering what to crochet. If you’re in a summer slump, why not try a purse or bag? There are a lot of great patterns out there, whether you’re looking for a small tagalong purse or a big tote (for your on-the-go yarn project, perhaps?).
When choosing your yarn for a bag project, I recommend a cotton/acrylic blend. The cotton will give the bag strength, but the acrylic will help it to maintain its shape. My current favorites are Lion Brand Cotton-Ease (#4 worsted weight), and Premier Cotton Fair (#2 fine weight).
If you’re ready to find the perfect bag or purse pattern, search no more… I’ve compiled a list of my top picks below!
My Favorite Bags & Purses
1. Wildflower Shoulder Bag | Little Monkeys Crochet
2. Summer Fun Market/Beach Tote | The Stitchin’ Mommy
3. Summer Crochet Bag | Petals to Picots
4. Wrapped Ombre Tote Bag | Moogly
5. Sassy Ruffle Bag | KT and the Squid
6. Kelley’s Satchel | Oombawka Design
7. Stash ‘n Dash Clutch | Pattern Paradise
8. Moss Stitch Beginner Crochet Bag | Rhelena’s Crochet Patterns
9. Market Tote Bag | Little Monkeys Crochet
10. Large Market Tote | Daisy Cottage Designs
This is a FREE pattern, and by using it, you're agreeing to the following legally-protected conditions. You're welcome to sell what you make with it; for online listings, please link back to my blog using something like this:
- Do not resell the pattern, altered or in its original form.
- Do not copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, in a Facebook group, or anywhere else. Simply link to this page instead. Anything beyond this is copyright theft, regardless of what your pattern-sharing buddies tell you. 🙂
- Do not pull any of my photos from this site (or any of my other sites) for your own use. The exception to this is if you want to share my article link(s) on your own blog; in this case, you are welcome to take one photo per post for use on your site as long as it is accompanied by a direct link back to my post.